Quote of the Day

Friday, October 12, 2007

When life happens

I got up late this morning and had to rush to work. I was listening to the local DJ on the way and zoned out in the conversation. I pulled into the parking lot and found a great spot. Not princess parking, but not crappy either. I work for a large company so finding a close space is great. Anyway, I pulled into the space and listened to the DJ chatting with his co-host as I gathered my stuff to take into the office.

With all my stuff together, I got out of the car, locked and closed the door. As soon as I did, I noticed that the car was still running. "Oh no," I thought. Not only did I leave the keys in the ignition, but I left the car running as well. I couldn't believe it. How in the world...? Ugh.

The good thing is that Matt has to come through this way on his way to drop off Isa at daycare. So, I called him and told him what happened. He laughed and said he'd come by in a bit. I knew it would be a while so I ran into work to check email and tell the boss why I was late. I grabbed some coffee as well (it's chilly outside today).

Matt did come by a little later and I was able to get my keys out.

2 comments:

3 Beauties said...

You gotta love life. I am really glad Matt was able to help out! Did you have to fill up your car after leaving it running? ;)

Emma said...

Nah...it only ran for about 25 to 30 minutes and that tank was nearly full. :)