Quote of the Day

Monday, October 15, 2007

Journaling

I was encouraged by our Recovery class leaders to start journaling. According to Dana and Kim, journaling will help us identify and process through feelings we experience throughout the day or in the past. As a warning, I'll be doing some of that on my blog as I think about things. What happens a lot, for me at least, is that I think about things and need to write it down, but I'm at work. So, the easiest way for me to process is this blog.

I'd like to initiate this whole journaling process with my thoughts on this weekend's service at church. Piet kicked off a 2-part series on trust, titled The Speed of Trust, that spoke to my core. Piet talked about how trust is built in relationships and how it's directly linked to being a person of integrity. The message gave me so much to think about in terms of integrity, character and competency. The latter two being keys to defining a person of integrity. Piet challenged us to be more proactive about becoming people of character and competency. To be proactive about how that all plays out in our daily lives. From waking up in the morning to the alarm clock, eating breakfast, spending some time with God, and so on. Piet talked about how easy it is for us to break commitments to ourselves and how broken promises are hindering our development of integrity in our lives. He definitely gave enough for people to chew on and process.

Piet reinforced his message with a verse that fit perfectly into all of this.
"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." (James 1:22 NIV)

----------------------------------

This weekend's message: The Speed of Trust, Pieter van Waarde (mp3)

No comments: