Quote of the Day

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Scope of the damage

Henry and Vanessa are fine. Their apartment was spared from the charred mess the fires have left in their wake. The fires are still burning, but for now, my family is out of harm's way.

I went to OC Register's website this morning to get some updates. I came across the map of the area where the fires have been burning. I just can't believe the damage. I remember driving down Santiago Canyon Road many times for practice and to visit my sister Vero in Corona. The hills were beautiful and made for a much nicer drive than taking the freeway. Now, the hills are just black and some are still burning.

Just to give you guys a better idea, I've included the Google Map of the affected area.


View Larger Map



Henry and Vanessa live in Portola Hills, just at the edge of the fires. Talk about a close call. Praise God.

No comments: