Quote of the Day

Monday, November 5, 2007

Quick notes..

Quick notes is simply a collection of ramblings about whatever the heck is on my mind. It might be confusing, but I'm just writing what comes to mind.

The rumors about Joe Torre were validated late last week as news of his signing through 2010 for $13 million filled the airwaves and Internet. Great news for Dodger fans, like me. Finally, a top caliber manager running the show.

The weekend was great. We did absolutely nothing. I had the girls (from MBS) over Friday night for some food and Guitar Hero III. Jennifer and Jenny got into it. Saturday, Matt, me, and Isa just sat around the house watched TV, played together, and did nothing, all day. It was great.

Yesterday, Sunday, we attended a great service at Woodcrest. They started a new series called Sex, Drugs, and I Want Control. You hardly ever hear churches deal with the issues of sex and drugs head on. Well, Woodcrest isn't your typical church. The dove right into a topic that needs to be talked about, especially today. The main ideas from the service, sex was designed by God for a man and woman to enjoy, not just to procreate, and that it was intended within the marriage commitment. Next weekend, they're tackling the subject of drugs.

The Chiefs almost pulled it out yesterday. Almost, but the great Brett Favre stole the show. The Packers are having a great season, and I was torn between who to root for. I respect Favre and am a Chiefs fan. While I don't like to see the Chiefs lose, I like that Favre and the Packers won.

More football, the Colts and Patriots match up lived up to it's billing. The game went back and forth, and, in the end, Brady came out on top. I like both teams, and think that these two teams will meet again in the post-season.

No comments: