Quote of the Day

Thursday, November 15, 2007

My thoughts on Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)

So, we picked up this game yesterday anxious to see if it lived up to the hype. Reviews were split, some loved it and others were disappointed.

My take, it's awesome! I didn't get a chance to play until late last night and before I knew it, it was 3:45 a.m.. Reluctantly, I had to shut my 360 down and get some sleep.

There are so many things I like about this game. I'm not a big fan of sandbox games, I have to say, AC really appealed to me. You play a man in the future, who comes from a long line of assassins. A lab holds you prisoner and forces you to use a machine to tap into ancestral memories to locate something. Of course, they don't tell you what you're looking for and I'm not far enough into the game to even guess.

The interaction with the environment is excellent. It reminds me of when Splinter Cell first came out, having the ability to scale walls and use beams and other objects to fulfill your purpose. But, AC goes even further with the crowd interaction and having the ability to either shove or gently push away people you come in contact with. Truly a gaming first.

I can really go on and on about the game, especially the controls, graphics, and the utter fact that you get to play an assassin in the Crusade world. It's just plain cool.

I definitely recommend it and look forward to playing some more after work.

No comments: