Quote of the Day

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Stuck behind stupid people

Just my luck. I did something out of the ordinary this morning, I stopped by McDonald's on my way to work. I was hungry and needed something in my stomach. Since it's on my way to the office and just 2 minutes from there, I figured I could get in and out in no time. Unbenounced to me, a stupid person decided to grace me with their presence.

I was behind a filthy Kia Spectra turning into the driveway. It's a bit bumpy as you turn in so the lady decided to take it slow. Too slow. The driveway is not that bumpy. So, I'm hanging behind her hoping I don't block the cars at the nearest stop light. Luckily, the light remained red. We turn into the McDonald's and head to the drive-thru.

Take our turns, order our food, and I wait for her to move forward to the 2nd window so I can pay for my food. No movement. The clock ticks and the song that started when I made my order is almost over. What in the world is going on? I figured there was a car in front of her waiting for their food (my site was obstructed by her vehicle). Once the light bulb went on, she moved forward to get her food. No car in front of her. What the heck?

I get to the first window and pay. "I guess she didn't know to move forward for her food," exclaimed the lady at the register. It's really not that difficult to figure out, or is it?

So, I pay and I wait for her to get her food. And wait. And wait some more. Then, after a lengthy conversation with an employee, she hands them a couple of dollars. Apparently, she didn't order what she wanted or forgot to order something. I don't know. All I know is she must have been beaten with a stupid stick while she was sleeping. Ugh.

The lady at my window apologized to me. She disappeared for a few seconds and returned with my order in hand. Finally! I could get out of there and head to work. No. Her car was blocking my way out, and the car behind me was too close. So, I waited for her, again.

I did finally make it to work. A little later than I had planned, but I did make it.

No comments: