Quote of the Day

Monday, August 27, 2007

Broken heart

My heart is sad today. A good friend of ours called us yesterday to ask us to pray for her and her husband. Apparently, he has decided to file for divorce when he returns from duty overseas. It breaks my heart to see this happen to dear friends. This is not the first time we've had this call, but this is the first time there have been children involved.

It's just plain sad that adults give up. We can attest that marriage isn't easy. And contrary to what many Christians argue, divorce is the greatest threat to the sanctity of marriage, not Gay marriage. As a Christian, it breaks my heart each time this happens. What kind of example does this set to your kids? That when times get hard, it's okay to throw your hands up and call it quits?

Hey, I don't live in a bubble. I know that relationships are hard and that circumstances that lead to divorce are no cake walk. But, most of the divorces I've seen and causes can be worked out. It's just that people choose not too. I have to work at my marriage because I'm not perfect and neither is my husband. We just don't let those things get the better of us.

I don't know. I'm just sad today. There's nothing we can do for our friends but be there to listen and pray for them. And we'll do that.

No comments: