Quote of the Day

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Going on holiday!

Tomorrow I'll be flying to Portland, Oregon for the ASA Women's (Class C) National Championship Tournament. I'm really excited about this trip for many reasons. Not only do I get to take a brief vacation from work, but I get to visit the northwest for the first time and I get to play ball while I'm at it. The crappy thing about it is that my husband and daughter aren't coming with me.

Tournament play starts Friday and continues through Sunday. Hopefully, we'll be playing on Sunday. Aside from playing softball, I'm looking forward to visiting the Nike World Campus in Beaverton and checking out Voodoo Doughnut in Portland. The entire team is headed to the Nike campus on Thursday morning for a tour and some shopping at the employee store. I can't wait! I don't know when we'll head over to Voodoo Doughnut, but a bunch of the gals are curious about the place, and it's 'products'.

I'm looking forward to being away for a few days. I won't be back until Monday, so I've got 5 days of personal retreat, sort of. I was able to make enough money through freelancing to cover my trip, which works great for the budget. All you fellow Dave Ramsey fans should love that.

No comments: