Quote of the Day

Monday, March 10, 2008

Doting, doting and more doting

Sunday morning, Isa and I went to have breakfast at Bob Evans. I actually prefer a Cracker Barrel breakfast, but am not keen on the wait. So, Bob Evans is the next best choice for biscuits and gravy. I know, I'm Hispanic, but I love biscuits and gravy. Of course, if there was a local place that made great huevos rancheros or huevos con chorizo, I'd definitely be there. But no. Like most Mexican food in Columbia, if I want 'good' food, I have to cook it. And, Sunday morning, well, I just didn't feel like cooking.

It was the first day in the last 4 or 5 that I actually felt normal. I had been fighting a sinus infection all that time and had the worst headaches I've had in a long time. This along with all of the other pregnancy stuff made for an unpleasant week. Add to that, Isa being sick for a couple of days, and then Matt waking up with a horrible fever Saturday morning. Ugh, just not the greatest week.

So, this Sunday, Isa and I splurged a bit. Just the girls, while daddy rested in bed at home. I could tell he was feeling better though 'cause he was joking while got ready to leave. I hate to see him sick so it was nice to see him smile and act like himself.

As we arrived at Bob Evans, we were seated within 5 minutes. (That would never happen on a late Sunday morning at Cracker Barrel.) Of course, it didn't take long for the hostess and server to dote on Isa. It's something were used to now, but it still makes her feel great. Her lack of shyness and just shining personality don't help matters. She jokes with people and just gives them that cute little smile Matt and I love.

An older couple sitting near us played with her the entire meal. The older gentleman actually asked me if he could play with hr for a bit. After a quick yes, he leaned over and asked her if he could marry her. Isa quickly responded, "no." "Why not?" said the man. "Because, I'm not big enough," she responded. "Well," he continued, "can I be your boyfriend?" She smiled and said no. People at the other tables were already smiling and laughing at her smart remarks. She enjoyed it.

It was a fun morning just me and her. After breakfast, we made a quick run for some Gatorade and 7Up for Matt. I told Sarah, our good friend about the morning. She laughed and said something we need to remember when the new Walker arrives. She told us to keep in mind all the attention Isa gets now. Things will change with the new baby. I expect Isa to have some jealousy, but I think she'll do okay. She's really excited about having a little sister. Although, we've told her it might be a boy too. We'll see come August.

No comments: