Quote of the Day

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Extra Value Meals and Calories

I was caught going through the McDonald's drive-thru yesterday because we have no food at home. Neither me nor my husband has gone to get groceries so we've been eating out more than normal. Not a good place to be and I will go no longer without stopping by the grocery store to pick essentials.

I know that fast food is not the best for you, but I wasn't aware of the number of calories in a 'extra value' meal. I usually order the No. 2, two cheeseburgers with regular fries and a Sprite. I've been keeping track of my caloric intake and had to log my meal. I was agast when I saw that this meal alone was 1,190 calories! Yikes! Again, because we had no food at home, we stopped by the same McDonald's for a quick dinner and I grabbed the Premium Chicken Sandwich meal instead. This meal ran a total of 780 calories. It would've been more but I only ate a handful of fries and drank a few sips of the Sprite. I couldn't bring myself to eat or drink more.

So, where does this all fit in the whole Challenge scheme? Well, we've had to push back the official start date to next Monday, Sept. 24th. We couldn't get an appointment for our body fat measurements until Saturday, Sept. 22nd, so we're starting the following Monday. I'm still trying my best to eat healthy and will be working out throughout the week. Yesterday really was an anomaly for us and hopefully, we won't be visiting a McDonald's for a long time.

No comments: