Quote of the Day

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Couple in PA flees fire with pets but forgets their son

I'm still trying to figure this one out. A couple fled their trailer home last Friday after it became engulfed in flames. They grabbed their 2 dogs as they got out. Twenty minutes later, the couple remembered that their 4-year old son was in the trailer. Firefighters found the boy, awake, in a bedroom. He was treated for smoke inhalation but suffered no serious injury.

I have to say, something's screwy about this story. The couple, at the moment, is being charged with reckless endangerment. I get a feeling that this was not 'reckless' but arson and attempted murder. Any parent would feel this way, because, I myself can't grasp the concept of 'forgetting' your child in an emergency. Especially when the couple had time to grab the pets. Listen, we have two dogs, but, if our house goes up in flames, they're gonna have to run behind me as I carry my daughter to safety.

Source: Police: Beaver Couple Flees Trailer Fire, Forgets To Bring Boy

1 comment:

3 Beauties said...

holy crappolla! no kidding the dogs can save themselves! seriously people, what were you thinking?