Quote of the Day

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day

I can't wait. Tomorrow is the day we find out whether we're having a little Ben or little Carmen. Yup. We have the names ready, just need to know which one we'll be using. It's something I've been looking forward to because I'm excited to see Isa's reaction. We've done everything we can to make her a part of the whole thing. We know it'll be a big change for her. She's going to go from being an only child to a big sister. Man, that's just crazy.

I tell you what, she's going to make a great big sister. She's already telling me all the things she's going to do to help me with the baby, like changing diapers, feeding and changing the baby's clothes.

We got a call yesterday from the school we want Isa to go to. It's a Christian school that has an excellent academic record. We'd like to ensure that Isa is an environment that is not only challenging academically, but that her school takes a partnership role in her spiritual development as well. They informed us that they had an opening for her in their afternoon session, which is what we were hoping for, and that we need to schedule a meeting with the principal. I'm looking forward to it.

Lots of changes coming our way this fall. A new baby, Isa's starting school, and I'm transitioning from fulltime work to a stay-at-home-mom. Fun times in the Walker household.

No comments: